Calacatta quartz is a type of engineered quartz stone that is made to resemble natural Calacatta marble. It is composed of approximately 90% quartz, a hard, crystalline mineral, and 10% resin and other materials that are used to bind the quartz together and give the slab its colour and pattern. Calacatta quartz slabs are a popular choice for countertops, backsplashes, and other surfaces in both residential and commercial settings because of their durability, resistance to stains, and low maintenance requirements. They are also non-porous, so they do not need to be sealed like natural stone. Quartz stone slab in calacatta is available in a range of shades and patterns, from white with grey veins to gold with bold, dramatic veining. Thus, below are some features of quartz stone slabs.
- Durability: Calacatta quartz is a very hard material, with a Mohs hardness rating of 7, which is similar to that of granite. This makes it resistant to scratches, chips, and other types of damage. It is also resistant to abrasion, so it can withstand the wear and tear of daily use.
- Stain resistance: Calacatta quartz is non-porous, which means it does not have any small pores or openings on its surface that can absorb liquids or other materials. This makes it very resistant to stains and makes it easy to clean and maintain.
- Low maintenance: Calacatta quartz requires minimal maintenance, as it does not need to be sealed or polished like natural stone. Simply cleaning it with a mild detergent and water is sufficient to keep it looking like new.
- Versatility: Calacatta quartz can be cut, shaped, and finished in a variety of ways, making it suitable for a wide range of applications, such as countertops, backsplashes, and floor tiles. It can also be used for outdoor applications, as it is resistant to fading and discoloration from UV exposure.
- Aesthetic appeal: Calacatta quartz has a beautiful, luxurious appearance that can enhance the look of any space. It is available in a range of shades and patterns, so you can choose the one that best fits your style and design preferences. The patterns and veining in Calacatta quartz slabs are often more consistent and uniform than those found in natural Calacatta marble, which can be more expensive and less consistent in colour and pattern.
- Hygiene: Calacatta quartz is a non-porous material, which means it does not have any small pores or openings on its surface that can harbour bacteria, mould, or other microorganisms. This makes it a hygienic choice for surfaces that come into contact with food, such as kitchen countertops.
- Heat resistance: Calacatta quartz is resistant to heat, making it suitable for use near cooking appliances and in other areas where high temperatures may be present. It can withstand heat up to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit, so it is safe to place hot pots and pans on it without worrying about damaging the surface.
- Chemical resistance: Calacatta quartz is resistant to most acids and alkalis, so it is not damaged by spills or splashes of common household cleaners. It is also resistant to etching, which is when a surface is damaged by acidic substances such as citrus juices or red wine.
- Easy to repair: If Calacatta quartz is damaged, it can often be repaired by a professional. This can help extend the lifespan of the material and save you the cost of replacing it. In some cases, scratches or chips can be polished out, and deeper damage can be repaired using a resin-based compound.
- Sustainable: Calacatta quartz is an engineered material, which means it is made from a combination of natural and man-made materials. This makes it more sustainable than some other types of natural stone, which are mined from the earth. In addition, because Calacatta quartz is so durable and low maintenance, it may help reduce the need for replacements and repairs, which can also help reduce its environmental impact.
- UV resistance: Calacatta quartz is resistant to fading and discoloration from UV exposure, making it suitable for outdoor applications. It will not fade or change colour when exposed to direct sunlight or other sources of UV radiation.
- Easy to clean:slab stone collection in calacattais easy to clean and maintain. Simply wiping it down with a mild detergent and water is sufficient to keep it looking like new. For tougher stains, a non-abrasive cleaner can be used.
- Resistant to mould and mildew: Calacatta quartz is non-porous, which means it does not have any small pores or openings on its surface that can harbourmould or mildew. This makes it a good choice for areas that are prone to moisture or humidity, such as bathrooms and kitchens.
- Non-toxic: Calacatta quartz is a non-toxic material, making it safe for use in homes, offices, and other environments. It does not emit any harmful fumes or pollutants and is safe to use around children and pets.
- Consistency: Calacatta quartz slabs are often more consistent in colour and pattern than natural Calacatta marble, which can be more expensive and less consistent. This can make it easier to match Calacatta quartz with the rest of your design scheme, as you can be confident that the slab you choose will be uniform in colour and pattern.
In conclusion, quantra quartz called Calacatta quartz is created to imitate genuine Calacatta marble. To bind the quartz together and give the slab its colour and design, it is made up of 10% resin and other materials. Quartz is a hard, crystalline stone that makes up the majority of the slab. Because of their sturdiness, stain resistance, and ease of cleaning, Calacatta quartz slabs are a popular option for worktops, backsplashes, and other surfaces in both home and commercial settings. They do not require sealing like natural stone does because they are non-porous. Various colours and patterns of Calacatta quartz slabs are offered, ranging from white with grey veining to gold with striking, dramatic veining. They seem stunning and opulent, and they can enhance the look of any space. Calacatta quartz is also more sustainable than some other types of natural stone, as it is made from a combination of natural and man-made materials. Overall, Calacatta quartz is a high-quality and versatile material that can add beauty and value to any space.