No matter which way you look at it, every established home seems to have a set of cushions placed on furniture. From the bed to the living room, cushions seem to have a way of visually confirming that the home is indeed a place of comfort where you are welcome to relax.
Cushions hold a versatility that is uncommon with most decorative pieces. This is probably due to the fact that they can be casually and unassumingly placed in different rooms around the home. Doing so often offers a subtle venue for decoration while offering comfort and the ideal sense of being ‘home’.
Ways to use cushions throughout the home
With a little creativity in tow, you will find that there are many ways that you can use cushions around the home. As there are no rules surrounding the politics of home cushion use, use your intuition and personal style flare to place varying fabrics and patterns in their complementary destinations.
As with all home decorating practices, cushion placement is equally about individual taste and preference. It never hurts to browse for ideas as a starting point to your cushion-creativity.
Here are some ideas:
- On the window ledge. Make sure of a wide windowsill for your reading or people watching comfort.
- On a bench. This works equally well for indoor or outdoor benches.
- On a bed. Whether its two or more, cushions add back support, comfort, and style.
- On a child’s bed. These will probably be brought onto the floor at one point, providing multiple uses.
- On a divan or settee. While cushions on couches are great, they can also add comfort and style for other, less padded, surfaces.
No matter how you look at it, investing in some quality cushions can add many qualities to your home.